How to make egg salad with cheese, herbs, vegetables, and mayonnaise at home? The nourishing dish for a festive and everyday table. Step-by-step recipe with photo.
Most egg salads are based on hard-boiled chicken eggs and flavors are added with dressings, spices, and additional ingredients. Today we will prepare a nutritious and delicious egg salad with cheese, herbs, vegetables, and mayonnaise in a hurry. Cooking is just the most important thing in the summer when there are a lot of fresh herbs on the shelves. The recipe uses a successful blend of products. These are healthy and vitamin-rich vegetables, as well as good chicken eggs, which contain protein, which gives our body strength. In the proposed recipe, you can change and add different products to the recipe. I will talk about this below in a step-by-step recipe with a picture.
The salad is easy to prepare, and the product required is simple and minimal, which is always available in the refrigerator. It has a delicate texture and a tasty taste. If you want to treat your loved ones to a delicious dish and there are few products in the fridge, take this salad as a comment. The texture of the dish allows you to use it not only as a salad but also as a pate. Put it on a slice of bread and discover an amazing new sandwich flavor. It is very tasty to spread the salad on toast or bread.
- Caloric content per 100 g – 189 kcal.
- Dosage – 2
- Cooking time – 30 minutes
- Grilled cheese – 100 g
- Green onions – a few feathers
- Eggs – 5 pcs.
- Radishes – 3 pcs.
- Cilantro – a few branches
- Mayonnaise – 50 g for dressing
- Cucumbers – 2 pcs.
- Salt – 0.5 teaspoons or to taste
Step-by-step preparation of egg salad with cheese, herbs, vegetables, and mayonnaise
- Cut processed cheese into cubes. If it chokes and crumples when cut, soak it in the freezer for 15 minutes. It will freeze slightly and cut well.
You can also substitute processed cheese for hard varieties with a pronounced aroma and taste, such as chider, Edam, Gouda, or regular cheese. Then the dish will have a tastier taste.
- Boil hard-boiled chicken eggs. In general, this should be done first. To do this, wash them with cold water (preferably with a sponge) so that there is no dirt left on the surface and place them in a cooking container. Choose cooking utensils of such quantity that the eggs are firmly in them and do not “beat” each other during cooking. Pour cold water into a container so that the eggs are completely covered. Add salt and send to the stove. If an egg from the refrigerator is immediately dipped in hot water, it will most likely crack and its contents will leak out during cooking.
Boil eggs over medium heat and lower the heat to a minimum. Cook for 8-10 minutes until stiff. With longer boiling, the protein will have a blue tinge and density.
Then transfer the eggs to cold (preferably ice cold) water and allow cooling completely. To allow them to cool faster, change the cold several times.
Peel the eggs, rinse with running water and cut into cubes about 5-7 mm in size. Although the method of slicing is not important, do as you wish, you can generally shred them on a coarse grater. Put chopped eggs in the cheese bowl.
You can replace chicken eggs with shift eggs, then increase the number by 2-3 times and shorten the cooking time to a steep consistency of 3 minutes.
- Wash the green onion with cold running water and dry with a paper towel. Remove the faded layers from each stem and cut off part of the large white base. Chop the remaining onion feathers on the table into medium-sized circles, about 6 mm each. For a more beautiful cut, hold the knife at a 45-degree angle.
Green onions can be substituted for leeks, red onions, or garlic, I do not recommend replacing them to preserve the juicy and savory taste of greens in the dish.
- Choose cucumbers for salads that are dense, strong, medium-sized, and even green in color. Pay attention to the petal – it should be a little lighter when pressed hard. Wash selected cucumbers with cold water, wipe with a paper towel, and cut the ends on both sides. If you use large and ripe fruits, remove the large seeds from them. Also, if their skin is bitter, cut it off. Cut the cucumbers into cubes, strips, sticks, or thin quarter circles (whichever you like). Send the slices to the bowl with the future salad.
- Wash the radishes, wipe with a paper towel, and cut off the tip on one side and the stem on the other. Cut the vegetables just like the cucumbers to make the salad look good.
- Put all the food in a deep bowl, add a pinch of salt, and about 2 tbsp. thick classic mayonnaise so that the color of the salad stays green and the fat content of the dish is medium. Mayonnaise can have any fat content. You can substitute sour cream, natural yogurt without additives, or other hard component sauce. Also, if desired, you can add a little French mustard and black or white pepper.
- Stir food from bottom to top and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Serve the egg salad with cheese, herbs, vegetables, and mayonnaise, garnished with sesame seeds. You can use sesame seeds raw or pre-fry them in a clean, dry pan and cool. Serving can be traditional – in a salad bowl, or you can use a cooking ring because the dish retains its shape perfectly.