Baked potatoes in milk, is a very easy, cheap, and tasty dish to prepare. Potatoes are boiled in the oven in milk, which absorbs as much as possible, as it gets a milky and delicate taste. Step-by-step recipe.
Baked potatoes in milk are not only a simple and inexpensive dish but also very tasty, filling, juicy, and melt in your mouth. In addition, it is equipped with a minimum set of available products. The main ingredients are potatoes and milk, but the rest of the products can be changed according to your taste. For example, you can use ground peppers for color and subtle aroma. There will also be no need to add butter during cooking; it will only enhance the pleasant creamy taste of the finished dish! Although the potatoes are boiled in milk, they boil well in boiling and absorb them, they become very soft and have a pleasant milky aroma.
The food itself is rather simple to repeat and belongs to a series of every day. However, it is unusually tasty and enjoyable! For the recipe, it is recommended to use potatoes from varieties with high starch content. You can cook this delicacy in a saucepan, saucepan, saucepan, cast iron skillet or diced. Also, such a delicious potato to cook on a fire in nature. You can serve the proposed dish alone, with sour cream, sprinkled with herbs, or added to stews, salted mushrooms, or vegetables.
See also how to cook boiled fried young potatoes.
- Caloric content per 100 g – 292 kcal.
- Dosage per container – 1 pot
- Cooking time – 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Potatoes – 3 pcs. medium size
- Milk – 250 ml (you can use baked milk)
- Ground black pepper – pinch
- Spices and herbs – to your liking and taste
- Salt – 0.5 teaspoons or to taste
Step-by-step cooking of a baked potato in milk, recipe
- Peel the potatoes and wash them under running cold water. Wipe the tubers with a paper towel and cut them into thin slices about 3 mm thick. Although the cutting method can be anything: cubes, straws, bars, slices…
- Put some potato slices in a saucepan and season with salt and black pepper.
- Continue to stack the potato slices and season with seasoning salt.
- Fill the entire pot with potatoes and cover it with milk so that it covers only the tubers.
- Close the pot with a lid and send in a cold oven, which you turn on to heat up to 180 degrees. Because ceramic pots do not like high temperatures, from which they can explode. Bake the potatoes in milk for 50 minutes. Serve immediately after cooking, you can directly in the pot in which it was cooked.