Apple, what is the valuable property? This article will describe how good the peeling of apples is and whether their seeds are so harmful. One of the most delicious and healthy fruits is the apple. The wild apple tree was one of the first trees to be cultivated. Its founders are the people of Asia Minor. Subsequently, it transferred it to the territories of Egypt and Palestine and later to Ancient Greece and Rome. The existence of at least 25 varieties of apple trees in the 2nd century BC is known from history. Today it is the most eaten fruit in the world.
Vitamins and trace elements in apple
- Calorie content of apples
- Per 100 g is 47 kcal, plus:
- Protein: 0.4 g
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 9, 8 g
- Dietary fiber: 1.8 g
These fruits are a valuable natural source of vitamin C … In addition, sour and green apples contain more of it than red.
Vitamin C in apples promotes:
- To strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
- Reduce their toxicity to toxins.
- Rapid rehabilitation of the body after illness.
In addition, apples are rich in natural antibiotics – Phytoncide, which is harmful to Staphylococcus Aureus, influenza viruses, and gastrointestinal infections.
Apples have a high content of malic acid, tartaric acid, and citric acid, which, together with the tannins, prevent fermentation and decay in the intestines. With the help of these acids, intestinal recovery, flatulence, and bloating symptoms are relieved. In addition, apples have been shown to contain substances that stop the growth of cancer cells in the liver and intestines. Tannins help prevent gout and urolithiasis. With the help of these substances, uric acid salts do not fall out because when it comes to uric acid formation, they not only treat but are also a great preventative against urination.
Apples help with anemia in children and adults, especially in pregnant women. This trace element is known for its outstanding biological adaptation.
These fruits contain 11 times more than sodium. It means that apples are suitable as a mild diuretic and help to reduce inflammation in the body.
Which are in apple work against toxic substances? Therefore, they are helpful for those working in hazardous industries where heavy metal salts and radioactive materials are dense. Thanks to pectin, excess liver cholesterol are bound and removed.
The skin is rich in the antioxidant quercetin.
The action of vitamin C does not allow free radicals to harm the body. It is known that iodine in apples is much more than in any other fruit, except seafood. Iodine, oranges, and bananas contain 7-10 times less iodine than apples. It is because they are an excellent prevention against thyroid disease.
Apple – useful properties
The valuable properties of the apple have long been proven. They help lower blood cholesterol. All its beneficial properties are found in fiber and pectin. One average apple contains, along with the peel, 3.4 g of fiber, which is 10% of the fiber norm per day that our body needs. With the help of fiber, harmful cholesterol is removed from the body, thus reducing the risk of blood vessels clogging and heart attack.
What are the health benefits of apples?
- This fruit has bactericidal and anti-inflammatory properties; it is good to use for gastrointestinal disorders, colitis, indigestion, and constipation.
- Recommended for chronic gallbladder inflammation and slow digestion because they have choleretic, diuretic, and mild laxatives.
- Apple compote helps to eliminate stress and calm the nervous system.
- Metabolism in the body is normal.
- Good for weight loss. By consuming these fruits regularly, you can lose weight as they prevent carbohydrates from turning into fat. But the apple diet can be harmful, as described below. The energy value (calorie content) apple with a diameter of 5 cm and weighing 95 grams is 42.7 kcal.
- Their use reduces the risk of atherosclerosis due to magnesium salts, ascorbic acid, and pectin.
- With the help of insoluble fiber, constipation is prevented, and the risk of colon cancer is reduced.
Damage to apple on the body
- Following the apple diet for a long time makes gastrointestinal disturbances possible, as well as worsening colitis. Those who suffer from gastritis and duodenal ulcers should not get too involved with apple cider vinegar.
- People suffering from cardiovascular disease should avoid eating varieties of red apples. Green apples are healthier.
- It can damage tooth enamel due to the effects of fruit acids. Therefore, you should rinse your mouth with water after eating them.
Are apple seeds harmful?
The apple pits contain hydrocyanic acid, a potent poison for our bodies. It does not pose a threat if you eat tiny apple seeds to add iodine to your body. However, do not overuse them.