Sesame milk; what is? Sesame milk, nutritional value, and chemical composition. Functional properties and contraindications for use. How to make a drink from sesame? What dishes can be cooked from it in the future? Should give vegetable milk to children under 3 with caution. It contains quite a large amount of fat, and the body cannot handle the breakdown.
The new product should not be added to the diet of pregnant women due to possible allergic reactions.
How to make sesame milk?
You can make a drink from sesame seeds so quickly that you can drink half a glass all ready for breakfast.
Sesame milk recipes:
- Pure milk … Soak the sesame seeds for 2-3 hours in cold water. It is better to rinse several times during this time. Then the water is drained, the sources are rewashed, poured into a blender along with the remaining moisture, whisked, and a little boiling water is added. If you can not crush sesame seeds, add water. Reach the required volume at the end and do not stop stirring until a homogeneous structure has been achieved. The wine is filtered through cheesecloth folded into several layers. Squeezes are not thrown away; you can add them to baked goods later. It is better to refrigerate milk before consumption.
- Classic recipe … Pour 100 g of soaked seeds into a blender, and gradually add 1 liter of hot water, 2 tablespoons of honey. All other operations are performed according to the algorithm already described.
- Milk with dates … Put in a mixer bowl: sesame – 1 glass, significant dates – 2 pieces, chopped, vanilla sugar – on a teaspoon of concentrate, a pinch of sea salt. Water – 1 liter – is poured into small portions. Pour back into the blender and blend after straining.
- Sesame-whey milk … Sesame and poppy seeds are soaked in cold water in the morning – 2 tablespoons each. Sift moisture through cheesecloth, put in a blender, pour a glass of cold water, add 1 tablespoon of honey and achieve perfect homogeneity. Pour through a cotton cloth to remove the cake. It should not consume during the day – the drink has soothing properties.
- High calcium milk … Soak sesame seeds, one-third of glass, for just 30 minutes. Pour half a glass of water and beat with a high-speed mixer until all the bases are ground. Add a little vanilla, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, half a tablespoon of coconut oil, and 1.5 cups of hot water to the bowl. Achieve uniform consistency and filter through a fine sieve.
When making a drink according to the last recipe, soaking is not carried out for a long time and does not lose nutrients. You can make sesame milk according to your taste, using berries, nuts, juice, and liqueur as additives.
They drink only fresh drinks; even after 3-4 hours of storage, the taste deteriorates. If it is ready for use in the future, it is necessary to freeze it. Pour into a mold and put in the freezer. In this form, flavor and functional properties are preserved.
Recipes for food and drink with sesame milk
When introducing sesame milk in recipes for various dishes, one must remember that one cannot combine it with meat and mushrooms.
Delicious Sesame Milk Recipes:
- Oatmeal pancakes … The dough is kneaded without eggs, oatmeal, and flour is added to the milk in a 1: 1. Pour in salt, sugar, finely chopped dried apricots, and raisins. Leave to swell all the ingredients. The pan is heated, sunflower oil is poured in, and pancakes are fried on both sides.
- Soy sesame sauce for seafood … Mix thick sesame milk – 3 tablespoons, 1 tablespoon each of fresh ground ginger root and good sherry, chopped green onions – half a bunch, 4 tablespoons of soy sauce. If the taste is not enough, pour a tablespoon of rice vinegar and fresh lemon juice. The clams are boiled until the shells open. The sauce is added to each shot before serving.
- Smoothing salad … Sesame milk is prepared without additives – sesame and water, a little thicker, and a pinch of sea salt. Mix dill, coriander, parsley, watercress, and arugula in a salad bowl. Dressed milk.
- Soup … The potatoes are boiled, almost until soft, in water, and then the liquid is drained. Milk is heated, and potatoes are dipped, where they are burned. Separately, in half a glass of sesame milk, beat 2 egg yolks. As soon as the potatoes are cooked, take the pan off the heat, pour in the egg yolk, drop a piece of butter and blend everything in a blender.
- Yogurt … In sesame milk, 2 glasses, stirs in 2 capsules of probiotic powder, put in a yogurt maker, and let it wait for 3-4 hours. You can add fresh fruit and berries to the finished product. Can store fermented milk for 3-4 days.
- Chicken in sesame milk … Combine soy sauce with sesame milk in a ratio of 1: 1. The chicken fillet is cut into pieces and placed in the marinade for 40-50 minutes. Put everything in a pan, put it on low heat, and add grated carrots, fried onions, chopped garlic, and grated cheese to the pan. Leave until tender. Mashed potatoes are best as a side dish.
Sesame milk drinks:
- Kefir … Sesame milk is prepared according to the usual recipe; only the water is taken 2 times less – 1 glass for half a glass of sesame. 1-2 drops of lemon juice are added and placed in a warm place for 5-6 hours so that everything is sour. Cool and season with honey before use.
- Banana chocolate smoothie … The banana is frozen; a quarter of the chocolate is massaged. Tofu, 50 g, silk variety is ground into a homogeneous paste. Everything is put in a blender, half a glass of sesame milk is poured, and a tablespoon of honey is added. Beat for 1 minute.
- Avocado smoothie … Mix half a glass of fresh or canned pineapple slices, 300 g of blackcurrants, chopped mint, and 2 cups of soy milk. Agave syrup or fresh honey is added to enhance the taste.
- Citrus drink … The blender is filled with 2 cups of sesame milk, 2 cut orange slices, 8 soft dates ( must remove the seeds first), and a glass of raspberries. For taste, you can add a little cinnamon and sea salt.
You can experiment on your own and add sesame milk to any animal or plant product recipe.
Is sesame milk healthy?
Sesame is the youngest compared to other “milk” drinks made from the fruits of various plants. And its incredible popularity prevented experiments with sesame seeds. Back in biblical times, the Arameans – the Semitic peoples living in modern Iraq and Syria territory – sprinkled sesame seeds on all dishes to increase their shelf life without grinding.
The seeds were endowed with magical properties, evidenced by the translations of Arabic fairy tales. The spells “to open” or “sim open the door” are present in almost all stories.
At that time, I made milk regularly but had already consumed it. Instead, it turned out to be a by-product of oil pressing and sauce making to increase the shelf life of meat and milk. If used, it was more often in cosmetics.
Skin recipes help women regain their beauty and youth:
- For dry skin … whisk 2 tablespoons of fresh pineapple puree and sesame milk with a fork and apply for 20 minutes. It helps to deal with peeling.
- Universal scrub … The composition contains 2 tsp – of honey, 2 dessert – oatmeal, 2 tablespoons – of sesame milk. Apply to face, neck, and décolleté.
- Scrub for dry skin … Mix coconut pulp – 1 tablespoon, tea – rice flour, 2 tablespoons – of sesame milk. Rub in along massage lines and massage for 4-5 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
- To prevent age-related changes … the thick dough is kneaded from honey, sesame milk, oatmeal, and a few drops of cognac. Leave on face for 15-20 minutes.
However you plan to use sesame milk, you should only make it from fresh grains. Useful substances are stored only in new products.