Herring salad is always delicious. They are usually ready for the holidays, as the cooking process is not complicated, but it takes a long time to cut the fish, which scares many people. Therefore, inexperienced housewives are afraid to make such a salad, but this recipe describes all the step-by-step steps that will not make you work long. The good news about this dish is that all products are affordable and cheap. And at the festive table, the food will be proud to go and compete with other cold and hot snacks. And to make the salad more attractive, garnish it with herbs or boiled vegetables.
Try a healthy salad with herring, onions, and eggs. This is an unusual blend of products that together give a very delicate taste. The products combine in harmony and harmony and add to each other with aroma and taste.
I’m going to say a few words about the benefits of herring. It is both fatty and high-calorie fish. 100 g of marine life contains 220 kcal and omega-3 (fats), which are in it, prevent aging and improve heart function. In the herring salad, take whole, good quality and good fish. In addition, you can buy it ready, or you can salt it yourself. You can find out how to do this in the recipe I shared earlier on the site. In this case, you can beat the taste of the finished dish, as your soul desires, by creating a delicious marinade or filling for fish by adding various spices and seasonings.
- Calorie content per 100 g – 126 kcal.
- Portions – 2
- Cooking time – 20 minutes to cut lettuce, plus time to boil and cool eggs
- Herring – 1 pc.
- Mayonnaise – to dress
- Onions – 1 pc.
- Salt – optional
- Eggs – 2 pcs.
Step-by-step preparation of herring salad with onions and eggs
- Dip the eggs in cold water and boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 8 minutes until firm. Transfer to ice water and let cool completely. After that, peel and cut into medium-sized cubes.
- While the eggs are boiling, tackle the herring. Peel off the thin film, and cut off the fins, tail, and head. Remove the giblets, separate the fillets from the neck, wash them under running water, and dry them with a paper towel. Cut into egg-sized cubes and mix the food together in one bowl. You can find out more about how to peel herring and visually see step-by-step photos in the recipe I shared before. To do this, use the search box.
- Peel and chop the onion into thin strips. Send in a bowl with herring and eggs.
- Add mayonnaise to food.
- Stir and taste. Season with salt if necessary. However, you may not need it, because of salted herring. You can immediately serve the salad on the table or refrigerate it for half an hour to marinate the onion. Then the salad will be even tastier.